Friday, May 10, 2013

Perfect Fit

One of the greatest things about life is "looking over your shoulder" and being so happy that you have passed where you once were. What you went along with, although you did not believe in it. Who you allowed yourself to become, because you didn't have the strength or sense enough to see the wrong in it.

Not to say that looking into the past is nothing but a myriad of "what the hells" "and that was stupids."

Oh there was fun.

Great fun.

The "I don't have a conscious and I'm going with it" sort of fun. Dating Los Angeles husbands fun. Going 100 in a 25mph zone fun. Frolicking on the ground of a night club parking lot with a friend as they wait with you after one of your stalkers slashed your tires and you have to wait for a tow truck fun.

Oh that's not even the half..

buuut.. it was my fun.

That go with the flow living held times that I will always cherish.. as wild as they were.. it was my life at the time.. and I was present and somehow.. loving it.

Age 31: I met my now husband, and thank goodness I did. His patience, his wisdom, the way he loves me.. it was RIGHT on time. Living in Los Angeles with an open relationship that I'd grown oddly comfortable with was not the business.. and I knew it. Before I met my husband Stewart, I was growing bored, thinking of rekindling the reckless part.. that ship had sailed, and it was past time to grow up, get it right and figure it out.

Here I sit, nearly four years later. Sitting in our place in downtown Denver. Typing. Next to my now husband (the patient guy I spoke of earlier).. my breath of fresh air. My cat of nearly ten years soundly sleeping in what she has dubbed as her new sleeping spot, a cute grey basket. The loft smells of blueberries from the soap I made last evening for my company. I'm not worried.. about anything.. my eyes have seen the promise land.

I have found the perfect fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment