Thursday, January 17, 2013

On A Colorado Note: The Thursday Files

Hello everyone!

As I announced in last Thursdays blog post, The Zen Den is dedicating Thurdays to the wonderful state of Colorado, and awesome things that are happening around town, or things that have happened that I took part in.

This week I am sharing photos from when my husband and I did a 5k walk for Susan G. Komens Race for the Cure this past October. It was a MIGHTY cold Sunday.. but boy was it ever worth it. A literal sea of people out for an amazing cause.

 That's my hubs there! One morning he said to me, "Let's do Susan G. Komens Race for the Cure. I was in.. and so incredibly proud and happy to have a husband like him. We chatted a bit.. shivered a bit.. got separated from one another for a bit.. but mainly we were silent, looking around in awe and admiration of people who were walking in memory of someone, or who were currently fighting breast cancer. Beautiful individuals with amazing strength. As long as we are able to, we'll be out walking with them each and every year.

2 comments: