Thursday, February 21, 2013

On a Colorado Note: The Thursday Files: Snowy Days.. Keeping the Warmth Away..

It's Thursday!!

I must write about one of the main (and favorite) reasons people may move to Colorado: THE SNOW!!  

A storm came through our state, dumping a pretty decent amount of snow everywhere. Living in the heart of the city, we tend not to get as much powder as the 'burbs, so when we get an amount larger than a trace.. it's pretty nice.


 The photographer in me loves to capture the city covered with snow. Originally, my husband and I had planned to awaken bright and early and get shots of the fresh.. untouched powder. Well.. when you go to bed at 2 a.m.. it's a little difficult to awaken at 5 a.m bright eyed and bushy tailed with a Canon in your hand, lol! Made our way outside at the break of NOON. The snow was already melting:( but the flurries flying about and the cold temps made it all very winter beautiful. This is a shot from the building across from our lofts.


 Last weekend, my husband got me a new tripod which I didn't happen to take with me while shooting today. Why? Well.. I am a clumsy kinda girl.. there is snow and ice on the ground.. the two just don't mix. Took the monopod and kept it moving. This was a shot where I was quite happy that it was photo~bombed.. having people in this shot made it a little more awesome:) I'm sure my husband will pat me on the back for adding the "human aspect" to the photo.. and this is why..

I LOVE getting shots of dead tree limbs!! Drives my husband batty!!

There was a time when I'd get the tightest of tight shot because I did not want any people in the shot. Thank goodness for growth, and my husband. Both helped me get past that mindset. There is indeed beauty in everything, and this Thursday was a beautiful day to capture some of the beauty that Mother Earth has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment